Monday, September 12, 2005

Building 627






Building 627 - that's where THEY took me. I didn't want to go. THEY came and pulled me out of my world and put me into a nighmare. I was working things out, I was going to be fine. There was no reason for THEM to come.

I remember being able to feel safe in bed. I remember curling inta a ball and scrunching my eyes closed smiling inside because it was so warm and quiet. I didn't need anyone, I could keep myself company. There was nothing I needed and then THEY came and fucked everything up. If only people would learn to leave other people alone. Things would be so much simpler in life.

Now I'm stuck here and I will never get out. I have to spit pills in stranger's faces and act out to get any attention. The only time any of my family show up is if I throw some kind of fit. I guess they get a call when I do. I guess THEY think that if I have a tantrum it warrants a phone call to next-of-kin, whatever the fuck that means. It must be some sort of policy.

Then one of them shows up and THEY clean me and put me in a room.
"Why don't you just try to act normal?" my sister will say -
"Why don't you just settle down?" my dad will say.
My mom just cries and gives me a hug. All I want to do is go back to bed, back in my own apartment. I just want to go home and not bother anyone. Why is it such a crime to want to just stay the fuck away from people. If people would just leave me alone then maybe I could get on with my life. What's so wrong with not wanting to be around anyone else? What's so wrong with being creeped out by other people? Every time I deal with anyone I end up in some tourture chamber.
Building 627. That's what they call it.
"We're here to help you." That's what they say.

No comments: