Thursday, January 06, 2005

Wireless Recovery

Today i returned to work after one and one half days off - I slept for most of the time or just layed there and watched sattelite television - surprisingly I found it too be quite satisfying. - Yeah I could of easily stayed home another day but I came to work to try and make this illness come to an earlier close - I still feel pretty shitty - So the weather is freezing rain and snow - it should take about 2 hours to get home - I will listen to my ipod books to kill the time - I transmit it through my car radio - they say it is safer this way.

I bought a linksys B router today for 129.99 - a 20.00 rebate - it includes a card for my laptop and will dissolve all of my network woes - hopefully it will help with the load times on EQ2 - if u dont know what that means then don't worry about it -you won't care if i tell u.

Yeah so the B router is great for internet and basic home networking - the G costs 2x as much but will not increase your internet service speed because the average cable connection is 4 and the B will take up to 11 so this makes purchasing the G redundant - unless you need super fast networking speed fron PC to PC - And so on.

I think I will wait until the weekend before I hook all of this up because it wll take some time and I don't have the energy. I have to go now because a friend of mine needs his car boosted - he has a dead battery obviously so I gotta go and give him a boost.

No comments: